Cases in which the Commission are to be consulted are illustrated below :
1. Direct Recruitment
3. In all cases of 'transfer', the Commission shall be consulted. Such consultation is necessary because permanent arrangement are being made without resorting to the method of open direct recruitment and the commission would ensure that the post has been circulated widely as per the provisions of the rules and the best person is selected.
4. When the composite method of recruitment is prescribed i.e. the departmental candidate is to be considered along with outsiders, the selection shall be made by the Commission only.
5. For purpose of promotion from one Group 'A' post to another Group 'A' post, consultation with the commission is not necessary as per UPSC (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations, 1958. But, as the DPC for considering promotions within Group 'A' posts shall be presided over by Chairman/Member of the Commission, necessary provisions may be made in the DPC col. (i.e. Col. 13).
6. When the field of deputation for Group 'A' posts consists of Central Group 'A' officers only, consultation with the Commission for selection of an officer is not necessary. If the field for consideration includes State Government Officers of Group 'A' & 'B' officers of the Central Government simultaneously, selection for the post shall be done through the UPSC. When the field for consideration is made more broad based and consists of not only Central/State Govt. officers but also Officers from non Government institutions, the selection shall always be done through the Commission. This is tantamount to direct recruitment and the Commission would ensure that the post has been circulated to all the authorities laid down in the field and the best person is selected.
7. Any relaxation or amendment of the provisions of the recruitment rules.
( C. TARGAY )
DELHI ADMINISTRATION: DELHI
Last Update Date :- 27-03-2018
Page last updated on: 21-02-2020