Organization : Services Department
Head of the Organisation : Additional Chief Secretary (Services), IAS
Charge : Additional
The Services Department, Government of NCT of Delhi is located in Delhi Secretariat Complex, 7th Level, B-Wing and 5th Level, A-Wing, I.P.Estate, New Delhi 110002. The Services Department, Government of Delhi is entrusted with the responsibility of dealing with the service matters of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Delhi Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshwadeep, Daman & Diu and Dadar & Nagar Haveli Civil Service Officers (DANICS) posted in Delhi as well as officials /officers belonging to Delhi Administration Subordinate Services (DASS) Cadre and Stenographer Cadre of GNCT of Delhi.
The Services Department acts as the Cadre Controlling Authority in respect of the Officers/Officials of DASS Cadre and Stenographer Cadre of GNCTD.
FUNCTIONS & DUTIES OF SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Services Department deals with approximately 14000 officers/officials of IAS, DANICS, DASS cadre and Stenographers. The job of the Services Department pertains to personnel management, which broadly includes the following works:-
- Service matters relating to the officers of IAS, DANICS cadre posted in Delhi as well as officers/officials belonging to DASS Cadre and GNCTD Stenographer cadre under the control of Services Department and Transfer/posting relating to posts in the Government of Delhi manned by IAS, DANICS, DASS and Stenographers cadres.
- Holding of Departmental Promotion Committee for promotion in respect of DASS cadre and Stenographic cadre.
- Processing of the information furnished under CCS, Conducts Rules, 1965 by IAS and DANICS officers, Adhoc DANICS, Grade-I (DASS).
- Appointment on compassionate grounds for the dependents of Delhi Government Employees who die in harness.
- Redeployment of Surplus staff.
- Conferment of ex-officio status of Secretary, Joint Secretary, Deputy Secretary, etc.
- Declaration of Head of Department and delegation of powers under Service Rule.
- Maintenance of Annual Confidential Report/Annual Performance Appraisal Report of officials of DASS & Stenographer cadre forwarded by different departments and work related to completion & forwarding of ACRs/APARs of IAS/DANICS officers.
- Advice to other departments in Service Matters/Recruitment Rules.
- Matters relating to foreign service/deputation in respect of IAS, DANICS and DASS & Stenographic cadre officers.
- Processing of matters related to various training of IAS and DANICS cadre officers.
- Implementation of reservation policy in respect of scheduled castes /scheduled tribes/ex-servicemen /physically handicapped employees.
- Assured Career Progression (ACP)/Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP) Scheme benefits to all the DASS cadre and Stenographers cadre officials and Non-Functional Selection Grade (NFSG) to Grade-III (DASS) and Gr. III Steno officials.
- Issuance of BTF for Delhi Government Departments in Service Matters for contesting the Court Matter in Delhi High Court and CAT.
Last Update Date :- 25-02-2020
Page last updated on: 13-05-2021